Community Mental Health Resources
These guides do a great job of addressing mental health and substance abuse concerns:
· Georgia Crisis & Access Line - 1-800-715-4225
· GA Peer2Peer Warm Line - 1-888-945-1414
· National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 1-800-273-8255.
· The Crisis Text Line - Text START to 741-741 about any type of crisis 24/7.
· Alcoholics Anonymous in Georgia - Resource for finding in-person and virtual AA meetings in Columbus and throughout Georgia.
· Recovery in Georgia - Locally run independent addiction recovery website that features treatment centers, support meetings, and prevention resources located throughout Columbus, as well as the entire state of Georgia.
· The GARR Network - Georgia-based association of accredited sober living homes throughout the state.
· The Summit Wellness Group - Guide that outlines actionable steps for finding the best drug rehab center in Georgia.
· SAMHSA's Treatment Locator - Directory for finding treatment facilities confidentially and anonymously.
· Georgia Overdose Prevention Project - An advocacy organization that provides free naloxone kits to Georgians through the mail.
· Opioid Overdose Rescue - Outlines 3 simple steps to save a life in the event of an opioid overdose. Includes helpful reference videos.
* There is also another resource available from Top 32 Alcohol & Drug Rehab Centers in Georgia & Free Treatment Resources (addictions.com) . This site provides free mental health and substance abuse resources for people at any stage of their recovery journey, including resources/treatment, warning signs, how to talk to a family member, definitions of different types of treatment and a local treatment center directory.